Ghost is a four year old boy whose owner was unable to keep. CalWEAR responded to his family’s request for a new home by answering a Craigslist ad. We know little about his history and he did not come with any vaccination records.
According to his foster mom, Ghost is rambunctious, has a lot of energy, needs basic obedience training, but is good natured and doesn’t seem aggressive. Since we don’t know much about him at this time, we recommend that Ghost be placed in a home with an owner who is 1) very experienced in the Weimaraner breed, 2) very comfortable being the “alpha” and providing basic obedience, and 3) does not have other dogs, cats, or young kids in the home.
More notes about Ghost from his foster mom:
– He does not like other dogs – he is quite dominant. This could change a bit over time, especially after his hormones go down after neutering, but this will take months.
– He is very clingy. Off leash run / walking with him, he never goes more than 15 yards from me.
– He is reactive and will bark at people walking by, with or without other animals. He is not recommended for a city/dense population environment.
– He is bouncy. He will jump on your kids.
– He is protective of the car. Hope to work on this a bit, but he will need some work.
– He is beautiful and fit.
– He is quite obedient.
Please contact us if you’d like to meet this young man. Thank you!
Last updated: April 28, 2020